The Internet is going to be positively clogged with people either clamoring or bitching about the new Agents of SHIELD show that premiered last night, so I figured I’d add to the glut.
I actually don’t have that much to say about it. I mean it’s a pilot episode, you’re not going to get much out of it besides “hey, keep watching this for the rest of the season and maybe you’ll enjoy yourself, especially if you liked Firefly.” I mean, come on, let’s look at this:
- a group of mismatched experts in their field travel around in a big-ass cargo ship and get into mischief
- the team leader keeps everything together through force of personality
- a spunky and beautiful tech expert has the hots for her polar opposite, who just happens to be tall, dark and handsome
- a laconic bad-ass female soldier is the leader’s right-hand woman
- Ron Glass appears in the show
- it’s created by Joss Whedon
Not only that, but there seems to be a bit of resemblance between this:
Yeah, I know it’s circumstantial but come on – all we need is a Nathan Fillion cameo and we’ll be set.